Friday 27 November 2009

Here we go again...

Twilight: New Moon has been in cinema's for less than a week, and already there are countless people (mostly big, macho men - she say's, stifling a laugh) bitching and moaning about it. So please answer me this:


Why, if you don't like it, do you actually give a fuck?

Yes, people are going to either love it, or hate it. And yes, it is going to get mixed reviews.
But does it really matter what you think?
If you don't like it, don't watch it, or read it. But by keep mentioning it, people (myself included) will think that maybe you are a little obsessed. Maybe you are really hiding some deep, homoerotic fantasy about the fictional characters. Or maybe you really are so obnoxious that all you can do is slate something that isn't to your taste.
Either way, it is rather pathetic.

To be perfectly honest, I made it through the first two Saw films before I became so incredibly bored with it, I nearly threw the remote at the TV. I hated them, found them highly predictable and unimaginative.
But have I spent hours on end slating the films? No.
Have I written a load of crap about the rest of the films, even though I haven't even seen them? No.
But maybe that's just me.
I know people are going to like things I don't, and hate things I do, but that's life!
My world isn't engulfed by a little bubble that extends only to the tip of my nose. I actually enjoy debating with people, discussing things of interest, and often agreeing to disagree. However, these people just irritate the shit out of me. By all means, write a review. But how many people are honestly going to avoid seeing the film because some idiots, who haven't even seen the film, let alone read the book, say it's shit?
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. That doesn't mean we actually have to listen to yours.

1 comments:

Daniel Turner said...

Totally agree Kel, (except with the Saw films!). If people go to see New Moon, ones who watched Twilight and didn't like it, they're probably not gonna like New Moon. Why watch it then! Damn haters.

Post a Comment